3reefers needed for contest idea

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Jan 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

well they google my tv triva games and that usually ruins it...this will be hard, because I am only going to name fish that are hard to find and rare. Most "rare" fish in the hobby, are pretty abundant in the ocean, but these are fish that are hard to find even in the ocean. I have kept two Banded Blennies before though, so there is a good chance you can find one of those. It also cant be a taxidermy photo, it has to be living - in an aquarium. So I am making it a hard google search if that makes sense. :)

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

wrong phot...clicked wrong thing...

5. johnmaloney

nope, I am looking for a different fish. I would check by species name, common names overlap. This common name I am using comes from Dr. Burgess, who is a pretty good authority, but everyone changes names etc....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotlinking

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
  6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

7. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

10. RustyShakleford

RustyShakleford Feather Duster

11. johnmaloney

it is a tax pic anyway...wouldn't count. :p Awesome book though. If only it was waterproof I would never leave it home. I tried to get by with Peterson's and NAS's field guides, but nothing like this.

I am not sure on that one... the head looks off...When you look at them from the top down they almost have a lizard fish type width near their mouth, where as your guys is tapered....I dont think so...but maybe. If no one else gets a definite I will give you the horseshoe on that one. :) Rusty - looks like a "Gill's Blenny" in the Burgess book, (locally called a Rosy Blenny, which I think is the trade name) anyway in Latin they pronounce it Malacoctenus gilli I could be wrong on both accounts though.

12. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Theres some pretty cool fish in that book, Wish some of them you could buy in the trade.