3reef Supporter Renewals

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hi all -

{EDIT - This is regarding yearly subscriptions}
    When I first released the 3reef Supporter option on 3reef it was $33 and a PayPal subscription. Then I lowered the price to $24. Further down the road, after some thought, I changed it from a subscription to a 1 time payment(with manual renewal needed) as I was not comfortable with a auto reup happening to people a year later (when I found this out).

So it evolved over time.

HOwever, there is an issue I am noting with the people that signed up prior to the current 1 time payment. Since it was a PayPal Subscription, those original people that signed up are getting the auto renewal it appears lately.

I have been proactive with some of you regarding this. However, at this point I need to make this announcement and let you know.

If you have had this happen lately, here are your options:

1) If you don't wish to be a supporter anymore, log into PayPal and cancel the subscription. I will refund your money if you send me your paypal email so I may verify the recent transaction.

2) If you want to still continue to support the site, but want to pay the current price and not $33, let me know and I will refund $9. Please cancel your subscription and start a new one when this one expires for the correct price.

Subscriptions are in the hands of PayPal and you when they are set up, so I need your help with this one. Sorry for the hassle - and thanks for your support all the same!

matt

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

So like mine just renewed and I got the 9 refund. In a year from now, I need to cancel it? And do a new one. That's what you mean right? I will forget ...

Also, I prefer auto renewal as I feel I owe it to 3reef ;)
    I have a thought... in lieue of 9 refund... how bout a shirt? Like, sub for 24 is one thing, and a sub for 33 comes with a shirt... Just an idea. Maybe a different price would make more sense but encourage the subs with a discounted shirt is the basic idea.

Last, I got my badge back, but I still do not have access to supporter board. (Glad this isn't posted there!!)

3reef rocks (and by extension, you too Matt)

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I will give your ideas some thought - thanks - for now these are your options - what I meant is that you should cancel your sub now (it will continue for the year) - then manually reup after it expires for the correct price.

I used the user emulator and logged in as you and saw the board and was able to view threads. Perhaps you missed it? On the forum index the supporter board is found under the 3reef news board. PM me if you still can't see it. And thanks for your support Peredhil! Much appreciated.

matt

5. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

6. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

...technology...is'nt it amazing ? ! LOL ; )

Good job Matt, Thanx.
    I'll get to it in a bit.
    Tim

7. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I think mine is auto
    I get far more than 33 USD worth of enjoyment out of this site

so I will leave it as it is

Steve

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

How will I know?

So... I can't remember when I became a supporter here or when will my subscription expire. It was definitely between january and march, I think and I'm sure it was $24. My question is the following:

Will I be notified that my subscription is expiring and that it requires renewal by email or somewhere in the forum? How will I know when to renew?

10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

11. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

33USD is that a lot of money in china?

12. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

for many people the world over, sadly, yes it would seem a lot of money.

Steve