3reef Orphek Contest - Deadline Extended!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Jun 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Folks do you want to win some cool Orphek LEDs? Hello!?! I've been trying to give away 10 Orphek LED lamps here... have you noticed? :) We have had four 3reef members jump in the pool - just 4. We can do better. I heard from some that they need more time... ok... DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL JUNE 20th!

Now there is no excuse. Step right up and win some FREE Orphek LED lamps! You have to love the odds - even 3rd place gets a few cool Orphek LED lamps! Get yours in soon! Read contest thread here

CHECK OUT THESE RECENT ENTRIES!

[​IMG]
    Mrocean's is better than Jaws 3D!

[​IMG]
    Haloist goes rogue!

These four people did a great job. But this contest is still wide-open. Help me make it a great one.

matt

--------

THE ORPHEK PRIZES:

The PR-25 (dimmable!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The PR-25 is a PAR38 formfactor bulb (screws into a normal light socket) and is a 70-150w halide pendant replacement. The PR-25 LED pendant produces a similar amount of PUR (photosynthetically usable radiation) as does a 150w metal halide bulb, with excellent spread from 60 degree ‘frosted’/honeycomb optics (each bulb covers ~16x16x16" @ 12" suspension height). Containing 12 diodes running at 2 watts each and available in various color combinations, the PR-25 is an excellent, cost effective and efficient choice for nano and mid-sized aquariums. The PUR ratio is so high than ~50-60 PAR under the PR-25 is equal to ~150 PAR under a 14k halide bulb. Even better, the PR-25 is dimmable with a common household dimmer!

WARNING: the PUR output of the PR-25 is the highest PUR available from an emitter that we're aware of, and you WILL bleach your coral with this light if you are not careful. It will not appear to your eye to emit such a high amount of energy, but when switching to this bulb double the distance from the MH bulb that it is replacing and slowly lower it over 2-3 weeks!

Available in two color options in 110v or 220v (see spectrographs):
    - 6 blue / 4 white / 2 UV (~”20k” with UV for enhanced color)
    - 6 blue / 6 white (~”14k”)
    [​IMG]
    Full output independent spectrograph of the PR-25 6 blue / 4 white / 2 UV-Violet

[​IMG]
    Full output independent spectrograph of the PR-25 6 blue / 6 white

The PR-ML7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big thanks to 3reef sponsor Orphek USA!!

Read more on their sponsor board:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/orphek-led-lighting/

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

We've for two weeks. I better be able to come up with something!

Thanks Matt.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You're welcome. Can't wait to see yours Seano. :thumb_up:

5. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

THANK YOU ;D

been slamed at work now I can get some time.

6. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

alright well Matt since you extended the deadline I think I have to try and enter now :p there is kinda now no other option hahaha as long as I can get ahold of my friends camera Im down :)

7. MarineHobbyist

MarineHobbyist Flamingo Tongue

Just want to ask, is the contest open to those outside the US?

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yes!

10. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

yeah i know what u mean i work 6 days a week 14 hours a day most of the days but i found time to do my contest entry by the deadline i guess i shouldnt take the deadlines so serious ....well u lazy sobs better get ur thumbs out ur butts ...i guess it doesnt pay to be a die hard 3reefer oh well

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I traditionally give 1 extension on video contests for the late-comers. I appreciate your support.

FYI - my apologies for the double email on the extension. The script was on auto-pilot while I was not. :p

matt

12. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

THANK YOU....THANK YOU SOO MUCH for the extra time. I spoke with my Dad and we have a great idea. IM drooling over the idea that he said my idea would be possible to pull off.