3reef Fundraiser for the New Orleans Aquarium

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 8, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Update - I spoke to someone at the zoo and world wide donations for the aquarium have come close to $500,000 already! They will also be sending an official response to 3reef regarding email receipts. Yes, they are swamped.

The New Orleans Audubon Aquarium of the Americas was extremely damaged in hurricane Katrina. I saw a fly over on the news last week and it looked leveled. Apparently this was not the case. However it was without power for a long time. Miraculously, although many were lost, some survived including weedy sea dragons, sea otters and "Midas, the infamous 250-pound sea turtle." 8)

> Read this article for more info. <

> And check here for updates from the staff from the aquarium! <

A fundraiser has been started for the New Orleans aquarium! <<--- CLICK HERE TO DONATE

Many thanks to the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago for starting this.

Any 3reefer that donates to this cause and forwards me the email receipt will get the 3reefer badge in their profile.

[​IMG]

Let's all help out if we can, they need our help.

Obviously, the people of New Orleans, Mississippi and Alabama need your help too. Check the bottom of the 3reef homepage for links on how you can help them.

Thanks everybody,

Matt

Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Here is a screenshot of mine. I'm still waiting for the email.

Attached Files:

4. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I new someone was working there tail off two save that place and they will be getting my donation

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks Covey.
    To be honest, I did not get an email confirmation for my donation either. Just the thank you screen. I see this as a serious error on their (webmaster's?) part. I feel that the email confirmation of your donation should be a given for any credit card transaction online and since it's a donation, it would be necessary for tax purposes. SO I am a little pertubed by this.

I took time to bring this to their attention via the webmaster's email address and several others at the zoo. I have not heard back from anybody. :-/

I will try to get them on the phone I guess, if anybody else can help out that would be great.

Otherwise, although I support this cause, I may have to pull the plug here as it doesn't sit right at the moment.

What do you think?

matt

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

SCAM!...well prolly not (i hope) they r prolly just really behind...

7. Area 51 Exotics

Area 51 Exotics 3reef Sponsor

Hopefully we can assume that this is just an error on their part. Keep us informed Matt. After all it's the least that we could all do.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Update - I spoke to someone at the zoo and world wide donations for the aquarium have come close to $500,000 already! They will also be sending an official response to 3reef regarding email receipts. Yes, they are swamped.

10. Area 51 Exotics

Area 51 Exotics 3reef Sponsor

Cool thanks for the update. ;D