3Reef.com Zetlight cup 2012

Discussion in 'Marine Aquarium Video Contest' started by zoo 4 life, Sep 23, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

Hello fellow 3Reefer's, here is my edited video submission for the Zetlight cup. I adjusted the length to 4:50 and clarified my tip at the end, "Always have a spare return pump on hand." I have only had to use the spare once but it is a life saver! Thanks again!

Thank you Matt for organizing this for everybody. All the videos have been great and I am thrilled to be included amongst them.

Watch to the end for a little bonus and my tip for fellow 3Reefer's. Music is "simple song" by the shins and "jellyfish cove" by Robbie Gillard. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    29 Gallon

[​IMG]
    "PJ"

[​IMG]
    Reefbreeder lights

[​IMG]
    Sonic the yellow tang

[​IMG]
    Coral

[​IMG]
    Zoanthid garden

[​IMG]
    Leather garden

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. jsreef218

jsreef218 Bristle Worm

Nice tanks! I love the zoo garden! What type of lights are those above the 55? They look just like mine..

4. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

agreed sweet looking tank/tanks ;D

is that a lether coral in pic 4&7

5. dellyjoe

dellyjoe Teardrop Maxima Clam

wow love all your tank, i just wanted to ask you do you have any fish in your big tank?? looks like all corals, nothing bad but i just wanted to know.

i see just a yellow tang any more??

6. zoo 4 life

Thanks for all the comments! Here are answers to your questions!

I have a toadstool leather, finger leather and a cabbage leather in my 55 gallon as well as devil's hand leather in my 29 gallon.(although the cabbage leather is getting over run with mushrooms) In the 55 gallon I have 1 yellow tank and 2 false perc. clown fish (1 orange/white and 1 black and white) as well as 1 fire shrimp and 1 peppermint shrimp. The 55 gallon has been up for a little over a year and the 29 gallon has been up for 14 months. The 20 gallon QT I have had for about the same amount of time, I don't leave it set up for long as the temptation to put coral in it is too great! PJ will go in the 55 gallon once he has graduated from QT and I plan on getting him a few buddies as well!

7. jsreef218

jsreef218 Bristle Worm

Sorry for asking again, but where did you get those lights? A closer look at them and i realized they are exactly the same. Just curious about where you got them and what kind they are..

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

lol i like you video great production value!

10. zoo 4 life

Thanks, those are reefbreeder lights with the 7 different colors and manual dimming. Had them for almost 2 months, all grins thus far! Here is my review with pics, par numbers and comments if you are interested. http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aquarium-lighting/reefbreeders-120watt-dimmable-fixture-review-pics-par-numbers-137792.html

Thanks! My camera is not the greatest but it gets the job done! A DSLR is on the list for the near future.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hey zoo - love that display tank. Beautiful. Big fan of leathers as I used to have a big one too.
    Did I miss the required tip in this vid or is it not there? Tip needs to be in the video..
    You can add it if you need too, thanks for entering..

matt

12. zoo 4 life

Matt,
    Thanks, the tip it is at the very end, about having a back-up return pump. I added it as a line of text instead of saying it out loud because the music was kind of drowning my voice out, (not a bad thing) but if you need me to say it out loud I can put that back in if you would like me to.