3g pico all in 1 kit

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by urmomsmin3, Aug 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. urmomsmin3

urmomsmin3 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

any good wanna put a little clown gobby and maby sum astrual stars

2. Click Here!

3. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

have you ever kept a SW tank? If not I would not go that small. It is a common misconception when people enter the hobby to think that a small tank is easy to care for....which is false. The smaller the tank the easier it is to have swings and the harder it is to keep it up. The littlest mistake will wipe everything out.

I actually have one of those and I will not put it up....too hard (and I have 6 tanks running at this time)

If you are wanting to start off...I would get a small nano.

4. urmomsmin3

i have a 55 jus not set up gettin las pices but my uncle has a big 280 gall sw tank so hell be helping me

5. bama

bama Humpback Whale

youll probably run into trouble.. start with atleast a 30 gallon..

6. urmomsmin3

i guess il ltake my chances i got the kit for 20 bucks brand new ill keep yall updated on the 3 and the 55 lol this will be intresting

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

it can be done. Just have to be very accurate whenever you do water changes and when you do your feedings. With clown goby a piece of a piece of food a couple times a week will be all it needs. Make sure your SG and alk and temp are all perfect when you do a change.

On the bright side...you would only need to do a 1/4 cup water change a couple times a month and if you can keep that then you know you are doing well!

Post pics..mandatory!

8. Click Here!

9. urmomsmin3

lol def will

schackmel but heres wat i ordered but got the kit from some where else spent bout 100 bucks so far
    Picotope 3 Gallon Aquarium Kit Caribbean Live Sand Original Grade Substrate 20 lbs littlest bag they had oh well ill use some for the 55 i guess instant ocean hydro meter not the best but works and an api saltwater master test kit should work wat kinda corals can i keep under the stock light its a 9W 50/50 lamp and remote ballast

10. austeve

austeve Bristle Worm

yeah man go for it, you'll only know what your capable of once you try it out. As long as you dont go buying and killing fish without being sure your water is okay.

Heaps of people at LFS etc have said im crazy for doing a 10G tank and that it'll fail and I should buy there brand new 100G kit etc, but stuff em. So far i've exceeded my expectations and couldn't be happier with it.

11. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

The 55 you are setting up is going to be your best friend on the 3 gallon. Keep the water stable on that tank and once a week switch a cup of water between the two. You should be able to keep most softies under the stock light.

12. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Great suggestion! I keep all my tanks at the same SG. (With the exception of my new seahorse tank...I keep that lower because that was what they were at at the store)

That way if there is a problem with one of the tanks or a fish in the tank, for the most part I can just drop them in.