36g Bowfront options

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Jodah, Oct 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jodah

Jodah Feather Duster

Well, currently have a coralife 2x65w PC setup, with one bad ballast. Instead of me spending 40 bucks on a ballast, I was thinking of upgrading to t5's. But I want to somewhat "futureproof" myself because eventually this tank is going to be changed out for a 40B.

If I go t5's, should I get a 24" 4 bulb fixture, which seems to be too short for the 40B. Or do I go with a 36" 4 bulb setup and just deal with the overhang for now? What about a 30" 4 bulb fixture? (would work on both tanks)

It's about 17" from the water surface to the sand. Would probably hang the lights up about 8" or so from that.

As always thanks in advance!

edit: Another option I was considering was getting the Aquaticlife t5ho Link fixtures. They're a 2 bulb setup. Buy one now, and another when I save up the cash.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Get the fixture for the 40B if you are serious on the upgrade. Good plan on the AquaticLife.

4. Jodah

Jodah Feather Duster

I figured as much. For now I think I'll snag the ballast for the current fixture. It's 45 bucks w/ shipping and I'lla t least have some actinic over the tank for the anemone (supposedly a brown tip bubble)