360 or PS3? That is the question.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Dec 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bluetang08

bluetang08 Purple Spiny Lobster

PS3 for all the same reasons

2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

IMO PS3 doesnt have many games worthy of getting that arent on xbox and just as good. Xbox has halo and gears of war. and I dont even want those games if the live is as bad as PS3's online play. I am an xbox guy clearly :p

4. KY_Tanked

KY_Tanked Fire Worm

360 elite. Xbox market place cost $50 a year, but kills PS3 free site. I can only think of one PS3 game that would be nice that xbox does not have (uncharted) but 360 has Gears, Halo, Left 4 Dead and more...

5. tronb24

tronb24 Coral Banded Shrimp

I've owned them both. I lean towards Xbox 360 because I play a lot of multiplayer games online. I recently sold my PS3 simply because I was only using it as a blu-ray player. Yes the online network is free, but for the power users you will quickly notice why you get what you pay for in "free". They are gaining ground though I just don't think the PS Network will be close enough to not be a factor in this generation of consoles. I've had mines for 4 years now without any problems *knock on wood*

All that being said, if you someone didn't already own a Xbox, have a HD tv and don't play a lot online games online I'd recommend that go with the PS3.

6. Nightstick

Nightstick Purple Spiny Lobster

PS3 by far, just look at the sales figures, ps3 is just the way to go!

7. ddaasshh

ddaasshh Spaghetti Worm

I have a wii a 360 and a ps3. at first i loved the ps3 because of the blue ray player, but when i got the xbox and got netflix on it i dont even use the ps3 anywmore so i would have to say. XBOX 360.

8. Click Here!

9. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

I don't form my opinion by sales figures ::).
    I own both and just turned on my PS3 today because my LIVE service ran out :cry::cry::cry:. I just remembered how deathly quiet it is comparatively. I still absolutely love my 360, but that's really nice. Now coming from a guy who owns both, the PS3 has the potential to absolutely ravage the 360. Look at a game like inFamous (although I haven't tried Uncharted). It's got amazing graphics, awesome AI, and truly life-like animations. I just don't think the Xbox360 could match up to it on a performance basis. That said, I hardly ever play my PS3 because the 360 does all that it's advertised to do. The PS3 can but the 360 does. I've been playing the 360 since it first came out really, and the old Xbox before that. I'll pay the $5/month fee to have a better online experience any day of the week. Oh, and the wireless stuff, it's cool, but I'd rather know that it's traveling as fast as it can between the console and the router. Ugh, I always write a novel. I need to learn to condense...

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

11. Beaun

Beaun Fire Shrimp

XBox live is the main reason to get the 360, even though you pay for it, you get your moneys worth out of it. It works so much better than the PSNetwork, and has many more features. I have had a 360 since the month it came out and have only had one RRoD, sent it in and got it back within a week. I believe that most RRoD have come from people who are placing their systems in poorly ventilated areas. There is a heat issue with the 360, so you need to be smart about where you place it, and also place it on its side, not vertically.

12. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

You speak lies!

Sorry...but my 360 was in an open living room where it would rarely reach 70F and actually was on it's side. And it still broke. And I still don't justify paying $140 to get a console I payed $300 fixed (which I would have had to do if I wanted it to get fixed). And I really don't think that "user error" is the culprit here, If it was...then half the xbox 360 customer base are idiots (which they aren't).

Ever since I got my ps3, I've been finding things I like better than my 360 everyday. Uncharted...Uncharted 2? Unbelievable. God of War kicks the crap out of Halo/Left4Dead (1 and 2) (If I really wanted to play those games, I'd get them for PC...which is almost as good IMO). Gears got really boring really fast. And the rest I can get for ps3 anyways (like MW2). I have yet to find something I don't like about my ps3. On the other hand, I can find many things I didn't LIKE with my 360.

Disclaimer: This is all opinion. (Trying to make a point though)