350g tank project (with pic)

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Notturnia, Feb 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

Well.. i decided to put something in the forum about what i already did and what will do (in the future)..

To start .. as i'm not a normal person ::) i'll post some pictures about what i've done in this years for the main tank i will do in the future and then will post some picture of what i already done for the tank of the topic.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

first picture is the equipt .. hehe
    second are a first part of the job
    then a second.. and the final job..
    and a zoom to make you understand what i did..
    this are 4 pipes 65mm diameter (PVC-U pn16) to bring (2 pipies) water from the sump under the main tank to the skimmer/reactor sump and back (other 2 pipes)

the main sump is located in another room then the dining room to have less trouble when doing husbandry and remove the noise a huge skimmer does and save space.. the pipes are nearly 4.5 meter longs and will be covered by the floor i'll make you see in the next post.

4. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

sounds and looks like a big project hope to see some more pics of your progress.

5. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

then some more picture about the madness..
    the picture i posted and the one i'm posting now are from the main project i'll not do now.. but.. i'm happy to share them as no one here understand what i'm doing.. (wife...)

Attached Files:

6. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

here (left to right) you see the pipes passing over the pipes for tv.. computer.. gas.. etc.. (i'm making all you see.. from walls to pipes.. to wood to concrete..)
    2nd you see the first 4 pipes (the 4x65mm) near other 4x50mm pipes that are the start and back of the soft coral tank that will be in another room and will share the water and the filter of the main tank so i wont have more husbandry..
    this pipes are 3 meters long
    other pictures you can see the job to put them down and the mesh over the "leca" that covers all the pipes and the final concrete (2 inch with iron mesh) that protect all.

7. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

and now.. the total crazyness..
    youprobably have already saw tanks with secondary tanks in other room..
    but..

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

1st 2 pipes (50mm) come back from... you will see later.. and the 65mm is an efluent from the sump under the tank to...
    2nd you see water outlet (the huge pipe with the top closed) to discarge waste water (it's a 110mm) and the second 65mm going to the...
    3rd you see the 4 pipes .. disapear under a main house wall
    4th you see the wall (4 meter) where will sit the main tank and the pipes..

10. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

here they disaper..
    out of the house.. under the garden..
    in 3 1 cubic meter tanks..
    the 1st (near the bottom of the pics) is the inlet tank.. the second will be like the first a dark refugium where should survive just sponge and not much more..
    the 3rd is for host the pump and it's empty as the pump will get the water from the second and use the air in the 3rd to stay cold.

so 2x65mm down and 2x 40 (or 50mm i forget..) to come back..
    will use just 1 outlet .. the second is for emergency is something will "close" the pipe..

Attached Files:

11. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Man that looks awesome... Keep the pics coming.....

12. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

and now to the actual project..

Attached Files: