30 lbs fiji rock in a 20 Gal

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by dodgybob, Jan 29, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dodgybob

dodgybob Plankton

Does anyone have this much rock(30-40 lbs) in a 20 gal tank.

I currently have 15-20lbs fiji rock and lots of space left.
    someone i know is getting rid of their tank for now but want to keep the setup so im taking the rock(also 15-20 lbs). Is their any negatives about having 2 much rock beside not fitting physically and light issues

im not woried about space 4 fish right now as i got rid of my damsels and put a reef cleaner pack with some really small fish in it .

stupid question but i dont want to commit tank suicide.

any comments appreciated

2. Click Here!

3. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    i have a 15 with about that much now! lol but seriously the only thing that you really have to worry about is the space for the fish and the placement of corals. i have had to say no to some corals because the rock frag was to large. but seriously you should be fine with that amount of rock in the tank!

i have not had any negative effects except that i think the nitrates are storing in my rock, but that is just a theory and my nitrates stay at about 5 to 10. so im not to worried about it.

4. Pisces23

Pisces23 Sea Dragon

My 20H has about 20# of LR in it. I'd add some more if I could afford it right now. One thing about packing the tank too full is you might have to watch your flow...

5. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

I have about 45 lbs in a 20 high. Some types of LR are denser than others i have big pieces that weigh nothing and some smaller one that weigh allot more.

Marc.