30 gallon tank - need fish recs!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by Salty, Sep 22, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Salty

Salty Guest

I just lost a medium sized oscar, the lone occupant of my 30 gallon tank. He got wedged between a rock & the glass. My fault. I didn't think he could get into that space. I don't want a community tank. Do you have a favourite fish(es) that you would use this tank for ? Anymore suggestions out there ? I'm really at a loss here.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Im sorry but I dont understand ur question. Are you selling the tank or are you thinking of getting into salt water and want to know what kind of fish you can have?

4. Salty

Salty Guest

Sorry

Sorry if I was not clear. I am not selling the tank. I'm just tired of the same old, same old. I lost the oscar. I have an empty 30 gallon tank. Do you have any favourite fresh water fish that might be good in my tank ? I don't want a community tank.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I always wanted a tank with a school of neon tetras and plants. I think that would be a cool aquarium.

6. MagWitch

MagWitch Plankton

I have Tetras and a Blue Guarmi. Honestly they aren't much to look at, which is why I'm trying to get a saltwater setup going. They are very hardie fish. Not that I've tried but I'm sure they are hard to kill as far as water temp and quality. If you want a challenge and color the only freshwater fish taht comes to my mind is the Discus. You might try looking into a planted tank as well.

Edit:
    O yeah there were these small fish at the store that I was to scared to get because of them turning into food. I wanted to get like 10 of them, they were pretty small.

7. Salty

Salty Guest

Discus

I have thought of discus, but I don't know if my tank is large enough & I'm not sure how difficult they are to raise. I do like a planted aquarium so, whichever fish I choose, will have to leave the plants alone. Thanks for your suggestion.;D

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Np. Discus are pretty, but require very stable aquariums with excellent water qualities.

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Back in the day when I had a FW tank I once bought a columbian shark. What a fish! I dont remember what size tank is recommended for them but look into it.

11. reefchaos

reefchaos Flamingo Tongue

Get a male and female Dwarf Ram Cichlids.. make it kinda of a forest type planted tank with a drift wood in the center. it will look beautiful and the colors of the rams are out of this world... such a beautiful fish.

12. bama

bama Humpback Whale

get african chichlids.. they are awesome awesome fish