3 spot Guoarmi down!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by MagWitch, Sep 30, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MagWitch

MagWitch Plankton

I've gota 3 spotted gouarmi that is out. It's laying on the ground. It seams to still be breathing and trying to swim but without luck.

I just took out my filter packs out of my filter because they were old and falling apart(to old i guess). The water started to get a little cloudy but I though it would be able to go through the weekend until I could get some filters during the week.

I also put a sponge in the filter while I took the filters out, I figured it would be a decent mechanical/ bio filter for the weekend. It smelled new, not like chemicals. I rinsed it in hot water for about 20 minutes and let it soak in tank water as well. Maybe it still had something in it?

What I did,

So I had a 10 gallon filled with water already. Took 5 gallons out of the 29 gallon that the gouarmi was in and put 5 new in. Then I took 5 gallons from the 29 after than and put 5 gallons of tank water into the 10 gallon, making it half tank water, half new. Put on a filter and put the gouarmi in there. I also added a bubble stone. It was ll I could think of. Now it seems to be moving a little better. More fin movements and breathing instead of laying with just breathing.

Hopefully it will shape up... Any input?