29gal Tank Lighting Recommendations

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by mario8402, Jan 26, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

damn, so I guess its not a good idea. I also wanted it to kind of help with the evaporation :(

Birchell, the first thing I did after testing the lights was turn on the LEDS and look at it in the dark lol.. it looks awesome.. I had a 12" cold cathode on my stock fixture but it didnt quite give off the glimmering effect that the leds do, its awesome!

2. Click Here!

3. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

OMG!!! That is insane CR! That is one that you mite no live and learn from!! Im glade to hear your ok. My new t-5 light will be here in 3 days, and it will be suspended above the tank with little metal calbes. I hope it holds!! And I agree with the extra glass cutting down on light. Im gonna run the tank open.

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Evaporation is a big deal with me toooo. Im my nano, I loose like a gallon a day. And that dosent help with SG!!

5. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

I think I might have made a ghetto glare sheild haha..
    I just took the flip lid off my old hood, and put it with the part you usually use to pick up face straight up and toward the wall.. helps out with the glare on the front of the tank alot and you almost cant tell its there! Ghetto mods ftw.