29g Reef Build Thread

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by scbrooks87, Apr 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scbrooks87

scbrooks87 Plankton

Ok everyone, after making some choices and getting my sump together (not all with my choices... i effed up) I decided to make a build thread... Just a warning, This will probably be a fairly slow thread considering I seem to find snags everywhere along the way. I had my lighting stolen off my porch when UPS delivered it, so I'm still waiting on that claim BS to go through, but it will be 4 x 24" T5's Actinic bulbs.

I currently have the tank, the stand built, the sump made, and a quick, cheap light over the sump. Working on the overflow next since i cant very well make the light hood till i have the lights

:furious3: to whoever stole them!

Anyways, here's some pics:

The stand was kinda a quick build, and will eventually get re finished with filling in all the screw holes and what not. I think i solved my sump problems too actually!! But ill do a new post in a bit with more detail about my sump screwups.

Also, the crap in the tank came with it, along with the cheapy light on hood, i only have it on to keep the cats out and too lazy to take the stuff out of the tank right now!

-Scott

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Looks great!! Your stand and sump look very nice. Good luck on the rest! :)

4. scbrooks87

scbrooks87 Plankton

Thanks, I actually have a question with the sump... When I put it together, I messed up on measurements (im an idiot) and put the glass in the wrong spots, to now the bubble trap is kinda not where it needs to be, making my fuge smaller than i hoped...

My original plan was to have fuge left, skimmer right, return center.

Since i messed up, i either have to do skimmer left, fuge right (and use the little baffle for making a rdsb on one side or something) and return center, the fuge would be right at about 4 gallons total volume...

My other option is skimmer right, fuge center (getting about 4.3 gallons total volume, 4.5" sand bed all the way accross with macro algae on top) and return in the large left chamber...

Suggestions?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I don't know much about having a fuge, but I would think the last option would be best if you want a larger fuge. But I really don't know. I'm sure some one on here will have some good ideas!!