29g Fish Candidate

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by SyntheticBreed, Jul 24, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

After quite a bit of time away from the hobby I've decided it's time to set up my previously crashed biocube 29. (I have a portable generator now so bring it on thunderstorms!)

I want to set this tank up to be a zoanthid garden with the main resident being a debelius reef lobster.

What other single oddball fish would you put in this tank other then the lobster that won't interfere with the clean up crew or zoanthids.

I appreciate the advice.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Lobsters are nocturnal and while very pretty aren't going to be seen much.They are also predatory
    So any fish
    in that small tank will be at risk imo.

SyntheticBreed likes this.
  4. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

I accept that, I've edited the question to be a bit more of a universal topic for other options of oddball fish that would go well in a 29g zoanthid garden other then the lobster.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  5. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

I love my candy basslet. one would do great by itself in a 29 gallon.

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Oddball fish for a 29g...maybe some type of pipefish? Or gumdrop coral crouchers? Not many oddball fish fit in a biocube...and then with a lobster? That's just asking for trouble, Imo.

Maybe instead of an oddball fish and common corals, why not do oddball corals and something not too common.