29g biocube mods

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by anemonecrab, Nov 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. anemonecrab

anemonecrab Flamingo Tongue

Hi all. Well, after much research I have decided to get a 29g biocube as my first tank. Now I have a few questions about some mods. The main question is "Do you have any?" and if so, pics would be greatly appreciated. So far, the only thing I'm going to change (as soon as that tank gets here - impatient look) is getting rid of the bioballs and turning that section into a fuge with cheeto algae.

2. Click Here!

3. anemonecrab

Also - Yay 100th post!!! ;D

4. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

i would make a divider for the back. if you open the back section lid you will see where i am talking about, fish, crabs, and snails will find there way back there. i still have to make one for mine.

5. anemonecrab

I remember hearing that. Sounds like a good idea, thanks.

6. jeremy_a

jeremy_a Feather Duster

I'm not sure how the biocube's back chambers are, but it is a nightmare to catch a fish in the back chamber of my aquapod. I need to do the same.

7. anemonecrab

Definantly a must.

8. Click Here!

9. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

also just a few points add a timer for the lights so they are on a "set schedule" and i run my heater in the first chamber, i like the look of not having to look at it.

10. anemonecrab

I definantly plan on using timers for both the tank and fuge lights, but I don't think I will be able to fit a heater in the first chamber as I plan on using the skimmer oceanic makes for it.

11. Scubagator87

Scubagator87 Skunk Shrimp

i know you want advice from people that have them, but what kind of lighting comes with it? idk if you're planning on keeping corals or the like, but i guess be prepared to change the lighting if need be.

12. anemonecrab

It comes with a Coralife compact fluorescent light fixture (which includes acnitic blues.) And Lunar Blue-Moon-Glow LEDs.

I know a few sites that sell upgraded lighting options such as nanocustoms, and I do plan on keeping corals.