29 Gal

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Connor, Mar 6, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Connor

Connor Plankton

Hey guys, I have a 29 gal with a serious Aiptasia problem, when I say bad, I mean a total infestation. I was thinking about getting some nudibranches but read that bristle worms would eat them(which i also have alot of). I was thinking about using Peppermints w/ some Joe's but I really don't think it could take care of the whole problem. What should i do? :cry:

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Pictures please!

I had a peppermint and he took care of the entire tank. Its worth 8 bucks to find out...

4. Connor

Connor Plankton

5. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Pics no work. :(

Go get a peppermint and give it a try. They are cheap and fun to watch.

6. Connor

Connor Plankton

Alright, thanks :D I'm going later today, will post about results when I notice a change

7. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

never heard of bristol worms eating apitasia, dont get a nubi as they will die once the food source is gone. i have a single peppermint for my 118 g and there is not ONE apitasia in there, this said i never had an infestation. make sure to research well what an lysmata wurdemanni looks like to avoid getting coned. you might have to eliminate the larger pitasia with an injection of boiling water or lemon juice, goodluck!

8. Click Here!

9. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

Joe's Juice or Aiptasia-X work well, same with Kalk paste. If you can borrow a CBB, that will work as well, but your tank is too small to keep one long term.