$2500 Corals for sale..are these worth it?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Jay, Feb 5, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have ordered from these guys before from thier cherry pickin section b4 and had nice corals. They just posted these big money corals. Are these real prices???

http://www.roesmarineworld.com/newacan.htm

FYI...They have good sales occationally. Great zoo deals that they email me when the sales are on. Sometimes they reduce the shipping rates when they have their sales.

Where is the best deals on corals on the net? Does anyone have any favorite websites?

Jay

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I think you'll find that Acans are quite expensive per polyp. They are $50 - $60 per polyp at that site. What do you find at your local LFS?

4. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I wish I has a LFS to buy from. Im stuck to ordering from websites. Once in a while when Im in Portland I will buy some and bring them back with me but thats about every 6 months when I visit my Mother.

Jay

5. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

acans are very pricey...but the mark up is through the last seller (for our store). I've only seen em twice in 6 years but sold them for a fraction...paid less...? Value is in the eye of the beholder. Thier yume is proposturous.....yuma is becoming scrace but captive breeding is rising to compensate from what ive read/seen/heard....again it in the eye of the beholder. Depends on what your after and who
    else wants it....or collects it.

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Wow, they sell Zoo's, does the AZA (American Zoo Association) know this :D

Sorry, pet peave of mine. It's zo's, or zoa's, but never zoo's as the real name is zoanthid.

8. Click Here!

9. Astalie

Astalie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Has anyone bought anything from Aquacon.com? Thay have some really neat corals on their site. Lots of pink and purple :) Their hardgoods are pretty overpriced compared to PremiumAquatics.com though.

10. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Astalie, that is a subject for a new thread, let's keep Jay's on track please.

(would you buy something from a self proclaimed con? do a web search on that name, you'll find more then you bargained for, I'm sure)

11. Astalie

Astalie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I wasn't trying to get off topic I promise. I probably didn't explain myself to well. I ment that Aquacon.com was my favorite coral site to look at, but that I haven't ordered anything from them yet. Sorry Greshem. :-[