24G ReeferS ReeF 9months ! COMPLETE UPDATE. ! NEW PICS

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dskyers, Jan 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

YSo today I have made a come back. For life reasons. I lost my 125 and never got to get it rolling proper. So couple months later new apartment and today I picked up a nano. A 24g aquapod. With a 150 mh. Stand. Live rock . Fan for light. Heater. Various chemical. 25 pounds of live rock full of purple. Kept some sand and water so not to have to start cycle all over.only had to add about 15 gallons of real ocean salt water. System was running about a year until moved today. Did not want the fish.will pick my own out. got some live stock. Two rock nems. Some small zoas. Random red mushrooms all over . Say three Bristol worms. Want to do sps. Looking for cori's advice. Hi. I'm happy . Will take pics when it clears in morning. Needs a little love tommarow.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yea dskyers is back! I have had no one to pick on. lol J/k

Love the aqua-pod, as luck would have it I had one about 3 years back as an anemone tank and softy.

If you want I will put up an image.

Looking forward to your image.

I think you will be happier with something a tad easier to work with.

Cheryl

4. dskyers

Hey thanks. Would love to see your pics of tank. Give me something to strive for but probably never reach lol . I like the tank though. Water is pretty much clear. Have not scaped or anything but seems good to go.
    Wanted to ask how long does it take for one aog paly to turn into two? Or just in general.

Attached Files:

5. dskyers

With stand.

Attached Files:

6. dskyers

Filter area. Do I leave the light on che to on all day?

Attached Files:

7. Corailline

A couple months is water conditions are stable, different with different types of palys.

Stock power compact lighting in this tank?

My Aquapod is nothing special.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And yeah those bubble tip anemones are under stock power compact lighting, you just need to replace the bulbs every 6 months.

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

If you can I would put the light for the chaeto on a timer and run the light at night on a reverse lighting schedule. You will maintain a higher pH at night that way.

If the light on at night bothers you than just run it during the day, it does not need to be on 24/7.

10. oki_reefer

oki_reefer Astrea Snail

Gives me some ideas for mine. just took the pc's out and added to panaroma pro strips. 2 fit perfect without removint the pc electronics.

11. dskyers

no i dont have the standerd hood. i have a sunpod mh with a 150 bulb.

im going to try and clean it up today. should i clean the back wall or let it be? also do you think i should add more sand? also going to see if i can scape it today.

do i put rotifers in there with the cheto? what does the cheto really do? and i will put it on a timer to run at night.

thanks i like your tank. anyone else got any so i can have some ideas;D

12. Corailline

Member night has an Aquapod I have no idea how far he has gotten.

:)