20L sump question

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by louy99, Mar 12, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. louy99

louy99 Feather Duster

im coming back to the hobby with a 12L mr aqua and a 20L sump. im trying to get this build planned up before i start siliconing/plumbing stuff. my queston is this....between where the filter sock/nano skimmer is on the left and return pump will be on the right of sump i will have room for a 10 inch wide refugium. is that enough pod making space for housing a mandarin?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is my build plan to build the tank on a wall storage built-in with the tank as the focal point
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

love that design! from what I've read, you can always make little pod piles in your tank as well as have them in your sump. I don't think there is a "size" requirement to establish a good pod population. I could very well be wrong on that.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

love that design! from what I've read, you can always make little pod piles in your tank as well as have them in your sump. I don't think there is a "size" requirement to establish a good pod population. I could very well be wrong on that.

: mr aqua 12