20L - Mantis Tank Build - Gonodactylus smithii

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Kelley11, Apr 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kelley11

Kelley11 Peppermint Shrimp

It really was not my intention but since going to the larger tank my Mantis has not come out nearly as much. I needed something to look at :)

2. Click Here!

3. TonysReef

TonysReef Feather Duster

awesome setup....iam currently in the process of trying to sell my 55 gallon reef setup....iam going to go smaller...and of coarse get a mantis shrimp...i hope my setup looks as nice as yours. Grats

4. Kelley11

I am sure it will :). Nice thing about downsizing is you should only need a tank and maybe different lights. You probably have everything else! Mantis are definately my favorite purchase to date and consistently what my friends want to see the most when they come over. My next big goal is to add a sump to this setup so I can remove some of the filtration from the display tank. I really want another 20 gallon for refuge and equipment.

5. Blaz3dup

Blaz3dup Feather Duster

That's odd your mantis doesn't come out as much now... seems it would be more active having more room, I'm no expert though lol... great looking tank, I love the random branches

6. latteslave

latteslave Astrea Snail

You know - that acro looks awful familiar. If it's from where I think it is, all those frags were sitting in my tank two weeks ago. :)

Glad to see they are finding homes...

Forgot to mention. I am sure you already know, but with the new macros and the acros, keep an eye on the calcium.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  7. Kelley11

Yep, I bought one for this tank and one for the Biocube :). Now I know who to go after if they do not work out :p

8. Click Here!

9. latteslave

latteslave Astrea Snail

Well - you could have just come by and picked up a couple...

:)