2010 Ford Escape Question?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by ScubaBrett22, Apr 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Okay i learned my lesson you guys know your cars lmaoo :D

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Take it from someone who owns a auto repair shop: do not buy an escape, and SURELY do NOT tow with it. If you like the smaller SUV types, look into an Xterra or 4 Runner.

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I would not consider a 4 runner a smaller SUV. Xterra's ride painfully badly, but are pretty good beside that. Newer ones with the bigger v6 are pretty good, but older ones are gutless. I had an 05 rental xterra and it rode like crap, even compared ot my lifted grand cherokee's standards.

The 4runner is a SOLID choice. We have had 3 of them over the years and our current one that we bough in jan of 04 is an 04 sr5 4wd v8. Over 90k on it with absolutely zero issues. Literally change the oil and replace tires 1x. Oh yeah, I had to put front brake pads on it at like 75k.

5. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

08 Xterra us what we traded in on our expediton, was a great truck very fun just not small child friendly they have no rear air, tons of power though and tow up to 5k lbs with no issues

6. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

I'm with you on that one, the Escape is a very poorly made vehicle. It's like the Neon of the SUV world. I'm a GM guy but I stick to the classics, GM in my eyes has not made a vehicle in years that is worth its weight in dog poop. Some of the larger Ford SUVs are ok I guess but you'll have to settle for a ton of plastic inside and out. For the price you should check out a slightly used 4 Runner or go with horkn and pick up a used F-Series. I hate Ford with a passion but the F-Series is a solid truck, easy to work on to.

7. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

if you are looking for something in that size range, I would recommend a smaller jeep. Not the wrangler but maybe a patriot? I was sold on jeeps when my wife and I were in a head on collision. Both cars were doing highway speeds (50 plus). The other people were driving a honda accord. The people in the other car, unfortunately died of their injuries. My wife sustained a broken hip, femur and ankle. I sustained a small fracture in my ankle and that was it. (i was not at fault) to make a long story short, the safety features of the jeep were amazing. We both walked away with our lives nor life threatening injuries. At your age, I would look into the safety of the vehicle.

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I own a jeep, and I have had a few in the family. I would not recommend a jeep to anyone unless they are really planning on going off road with it. Typically those folks buy a wrangler.

If anyone thinks an escape is a not a good SUV, comparing the escape to any jeep will make the escape look like the perfect little SUV.

Chryslers are very poorly made vehicles.

btw, Jeep stands for
    Just Empty Every Pocket

10. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I'm not sure how you can say this is poorly made. It had 140,000 miles on it when we crashed, never saw a mechanic other than routine maintenance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I know a bunch of people in my fishing club have older wranglers with the 6 cylinders and tow their river boats with them, the smaller wheel base makes getting down those narrow ramps easier they say and the 4wd on a jeep is legendary

much as a chrysler hater I am the only jeep product I'd own is a wrangler, if they weren't so blasted pricey as a "toy"

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

It may have been built well enough for occupant safety, that is for sure. That was a nasty crash in that libby ( right a liberty?). I am basically talking about electrical, engine, and driveline issues that Chrysler is well known for.