2010 Ford Escape Question?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by ScubaBrett22, Apr 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

I am 16 my mom is going to buy me a car and would like to get me the 2010 Ford Escape XLS FWD and i want to know does anyone have one? and do you like it? I am going to go to Ford soon and take a test drive to get a better feel for the car. And does anyone know if there is a better towing package i can add on to the Ford Escape XLS FWD so i can tow more?

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i dont have the 10 i forget the year on mine but i think it's an 05' escape xlt i LOVE mine, nice little car, dont know about the new ones or the towing part, but the escapes are deffiently a nice little SUV mine came witht hte leather seats and sunroof too :)

just checked, mines actually an 03 and i think i bought it in like 08'

here's a pic of mine back when i first got it, its all dirty now :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  4. wfb2270

wfb2270 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

what/ how much are you trying to tow???

i dont know about the escape specificly but there are some "add-ons" that you can do that increase the towing capacity. Generally though its not a great idea and can be dangerous.

5. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Very Nice!! I would like this truck because i am a Diver and i need something to haul my gear and 2 tanks which is equal to 42lbs or sometimes six tanks which is 126 lb plus dive gear and friends so ya i need a good tough car :D. I might be towing a boat to for all i know because my friends have boats but there all getting small cars and i am the only tower xD

6. Nealio

Nealio Coral Banded Shrimp

I used to work at a dive shop and my Mazda6 was more than capable of hauling four Steel-95s, two pony tanks, and the rest of my dive gear without problem. The escape is a good car though, the V6 is very stout and reliable.

7. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

if you do get an escape, make sure to put a sump in the trunk and a nice skimmer :), best of luck!

8. Click Here!

9. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

You still dive?? And i like it its nice has a MP3 plug so i can play my music not the radio and it just seems like a reliable car its American to which i like. ;D

LMAOO ^^ :cheesy::cheesy:

10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

FWIW

I've got a 2000 Ranger Trailhead 3.0 V6 I bought new in '00 with like 3 miles on it. I think the escape is based off these. I've got around 150-160,000 miles on it. I've kept up on maintenance. It had one or two sensors go out over the life of it. That's it. (Several tires, battery replaced, belts, etc, but this is all normal wear stuff).

It's an awesome truck. These days I don't drive it anymore and it's used for occasional hauling of jet skis (2) and lawn stuff from home depot.

It is not 4x4. It can pull 1 ski out of the water, but not 2. Just slips. But it can put both in the water, and that's all I care about :p

11. HopHead

HopHead Plankton

Having raised 5 kids to adult hood I would recommend you get something you can dent and ding up without worry, while you learn to drive. IMO

12. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

but but but me a good driver ;D