20 gal long w/built in fuge build!!

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by JBL, Mar 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

Hello all!!

Got this idea from someone on the internet, can't remember. I had a 20L lying around and was bored so.....

Made three chambers with Plexiglass. 1- for media. 2 for a fuge. 3-return.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bought a 60 dollar stand from Walmart:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and Voila!!!
    [​IMG]

But is being used as a hospital tank for my PBT and Foxface for Ick. The Foxface was REAL bad, now looking great!! I put a filter mat that I had running in my 150 in the first chamber along with a bag of amonia remover, Live rubble rock in the sencond chamber for now. Working like a charm after only a week being in there!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just thought I'd share and I am very excited I was able to save my fish from certain Ick death with this setup!
    I'll never be able to use it for corals since the use of copper, but hey, it is worth it!
    After it being a hospital, it will be a quarrintine tank and I'll put the chaeto in the fuge area. what do ya think?

2. Click Here!

3. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

looking great!! kinda funny... i have a foxface and a PBT too that are about the same size as yours!!

4. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

I tell ya, I so LOVE the PBT! That fish is always so active. I tried to catch him for over a week till I got the acclimator/trap from MarineDepot. Stuck a rock with and algae sheet attached inside, and had him in 2 minutes!
    When he is in the big tank, everyone else follows him. Out and very active. When he's not, everyone becomes skiddish and hides a lot.

So glad I was able to save this one as my last one died during my ick outbreak of Sept09.

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Excellent job

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid