2 new corals

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by ferretfish, Aug 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ferretfish

ferretfish Sea Dragon

hello i just got my first too corals ever;D. kenya tree coral and some polyps.
    right now my kenya tree coral is a shrunken and i was wondering when it will extend its branches again

2. Click Here!

3. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Usually takes a little while to acclimate. Could be a couple hours, could be a couple days. I would say most acclimate within 24 hours however. Congrats on the adds!

4. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

As stated above could take a few days to fully extend do you have pictures of your new coral?

5. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Give it a day or two, they'll come out. Kenya can grow quickly, start dropping branches & spread if you dont watch. I went from one piece to 6 in about 5 months.

6. srusso

srusso Plankton

Same here, a local club member gave me a small frag. In two months it attempted to spread all over my tank! At that point I knew it had to go ASAP, unless I wanted a kenya tree tank. I was finding pieces for months after. It wasn't the nice red ones and other colors they have... it was the brown kind... some how its always the ugly corals that spread faster then everything else.

Not trying to make you feel bad about getting beginner corals, but you will be amazed how quickly you grow out of them and want something a little more SPS-Like! LOL

7. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I took the first couple branches and put them in the mantis tank since its starting to need some color love. After this it will be give it away time.

My xenia it what have become out of control lately. I had a cute (yes I said cute) little stalk affixed to a snail shell. It grew straight up, sprouted 2 heads and was kind of a tank eye catcher in combo with the shell. Well about a week ago it tipped over and the stalk was touching the rock next to it. Last night I look and its attached to the rock and already growing 3 brand new heads. I see a menace in the future at that rate.