2 for 1 - pics

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by New2Salt, Oct 13, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. New2Salt

New2Salt Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Ok, I need 2 IDs, the first one being REALLY mind-boggling to me.

1. Inside my live rock, I have these things that look like hairs. They drop what looks like tiny pasta shells (tube-shaped). These tiny tubes pile up and turn in to a pile of dirt. They are SOOOOO annoying because they leave dirt all over the place. What is in live rock that would do that?

2. The second one is a simple coral ID. It appears to be a hard coral on the base of my finger coral. I got a good pic today.

Thanks. I will be watching closely to see if anyone knows about these tube things!!!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. New2Salt

Also, I just got decent video footage of this nasty, hairy thing. I will try to find a way to get that through to you guys.

HELP!

4. New2Salt

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

ok some kind of alien? that was freaky! :eek: I had some king of thin clear, thinner than spaghetti, that would extend it's arms/legs/tentacle/tongue...whatever... and sift sand and it lived in a conch shell....wonder if it's the same thing?

6. New2Salt

Haha Cutting, I have these things ALL OVER MY TANK!!!!

I just had the lights off for 5 hours and approached the tank with a flashlight, and these things are EVERYWHERE. And ALL THEY DO is take this stupid little dirt tubes and pass them on to each other. I can honestly say I saw one of them pass a tube of dirt to his buddy on the bottom of the elegance coral.

They are freaky little freaks and Im scared to go to bed and have dreams about them!:-[

7. New2Salt

Did the thing in your conch go away?

I dont think these are going away unless something eats them. They almost look like hair anenomes of some extraterrestrial kind...

...I may have the cure for some horrible disease making dirt piles in my fish tank and all I can think about is WHAT EATS THESE THINGS!!! ;D ;D ;D

Tomorrow I will get better video footage. At night though, I can safely say I saw 50 of them. And this is AFTER my engineer goby goes MIA??? Ok I cant sleep...

8. Click Here!

9. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

critter=spaghetti worm

coral=acan?

10. New2Salt

Thanks Geek, you are right on with the spaghetti worms.

Are they bad?? My tank has them EVERYWHERE.

11. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

I think spaghetti's worms are not bad. I have a bunch of them in my tank, and sometimes they do get annoying because they pile up all the garbage and stuff they can get a hold of. Other than that you should be fine.

12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

They are annoyances, but not harmful. And that dirt you're seeing....isnt dirt, lol