1st Quarter HS report card

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well I got it a few weeks ago and I was really upset that my Biology Honors teacher gave me a B+, and the only reason I got a B+ is because i bombed a quiz with a 65%, and she counted it as a test. In my HS, the point system is used, so like lab reports are 10 points, homewrok maybe 5, and quizzes should be 10 and are 10... SHE COUNTED THIS FOR 100 POINTS, the exact equivalent of a test. Just thought I'd share this; Wanna kinda release my anger I guess lol

2. Click Here!

3. bama

bama Humpback Whale

That stinks man. I remember those days. I would get through them by asking for extra credit work to make up before grades came out. It always helped, it shows you care. Also for a tip.. with your female teachers, pay attention to their usual dress, hair, general look. If they seem like they put in extra effort on certain days, have a new hair do, or if you hear girls compliment them in any way, on your way out of class pay them a 2 second compliment on the way out. I swear its the only reason I had solid A's from my lady teachers.

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

lol I feel your pain, But think of it this way.

Exams, Tests, and Quiz's however you want to call it are to show what you have learned. Some teachers like to do the easy system by lowering the Finals score in the grading rank system. I dont personally like this.

I was a pretty solid A student. I did my homework and such. I felt that If you paid attention in class to the lectures you had no reason to cram for a test in High School.

If you think about it, finals that make up the majority of your grade are good show of the grade itself to me. Cause really your grade should be on what you learned. Not that you did the homework or participated... Just my two cents!

And a B+ is not that bad :p

5. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

You're better than me. I'm hanging on 4 B's and 2 A's right now. Can't wait till next semester to reset my grades.

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well yeah B+ is ok but I was a straight A student in elementary school (freshman here lol) so this kinda came as a shock. And My teacher didn't offer extra credit; only some do if they're nice, like my religion teacher. And yeah I really hate this system; ITS BECAUSE OF THIS SIMPLIFIED SYSTEM I GOT A B+ WHICH IS TOTAL BS! :angry: and besides that, I did pay attention in class. The quiz was to name the parts of a microscope. She told us that that was gonna be on the test, ONLY THAT. then when I get the quiz she added something that involved i think hydrolosis or something synthesis and we were supposed to draw it and give an explanation... WTF kind of question is that? She didn't mention it and who said we needed to know how to draw a stupid diagram? the worst part is that there were 15 questions; i got 14 right except the diagram, but the diagram counted for like a 1/3 of the points on the quiz. SO DAMN INFURIATING!!!!! and obviously I SCREWED UP!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

same here; I'm trying to get at least B+ in all my subjects for the semester to get acceptance into honors or AP courses :p

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

That's not too bad. yes, it's annoying that she counted for so much, by accident, I'm sure.

I have 4 A's, 2 C's(Chem. & Alg. 2) & a D :( in English. I think he made a mistake with that grade.

10. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

I'm a sophomore. I hate the point system. I'm in honors classes, one thing I will tell you, you will always get homework. Also, I hate the ranking system, my school puts honors and regular student together. So you will have a regular student that is ranked higher then you.

11. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

That's a good goal to set. I slacked off my freshman & sophomore year & am definitely paying for it now. Working my butt off to try to get a 3.6 so I can get into a good college.

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah my dad went to the conference and she said it was 100 points... so unfair....