155 gal. bow front tank

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by leanlow, Apr 9, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. leanlow

leanlow Plankton

Hello, i just talked to a guy that is selling his 155 gal. aquarium, stand, top, lights, live rock, oceanic filter rated at 1000 gal./hr.and nine fish(everything). He is asking 1200$. I will update this when he sends me a picture tomorrow. He did not speak very good english so it was hard to understand. Just wondering what you guys thought about it. To high or what price should i offer?:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hmmmm...1200 seems alot for a used tank. Did he say what kind of lights he was selling?

4. leanlow

leanlow Plankton

He did not, all i could understand was he paid like 200 for one light. He has two. it comes with the tank and everything else also. Not sure, i guess i will have to wait to see a picture of it.

5. leanlow

leanlow Plankton

as soon as i get some pictures i will post them. If i was to get all this new how much would it cost. 155 gal. tank, stand, top, live rock. Oceanic sump filter rated at 1000gal/hr.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  6. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

I think it's a good deal. The live rock alone is about $300 if you get it at a sale price of $1.99 a pound. Then you have the tank, stand, top, the sump, and that's not including the cost of the lights. I hope it works out.

7. trying it again

trying it again Fire Shrimp

I've read that the 72 gallon Oceanic bow fronts were prone to leaking but don't know about the quality of the larger tanks...just a heads up..good luck

8. Click Here!

9. leanlow

leanlow Plankton

here is the pictues. how much would you pay for it. everything you see comes with it. o yeah, i thought it was bow front, it isnt....the lights look like comp. flour. lights. Does anyone know where i can get some m/h lights for this size tank if you guys think it is a good deal. or what should i offer. This guy is moving to New York so he may let it go cheaper.
    O..i just noticed something, If you look in the third picture down. and look at the back part of the picture on the sand to the left, is that a shark!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

THat's a nice tank, but what do you plan to do with it?
    Making a reef tank out of it would require some intense lights as that tank is tall.

Also the overflow will be a bottleneck if you amp up the GPH.

In other words, you would kick out a lot more dough to go reef with it.

11. frank007

frank007 Plankton

i need to buy a 155 but i live in nrw york how can i get it here

12. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

A big Big Big Truck.... Or save you the trouble and try and find one closer.. mho...