150g Tall Tank and AquaticLife T5HO 6 Bulb

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by BillNav, Sep 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BillNav

BillNav Plankton

I have a 150gallon tank and wanted to get opinions on if this is enough lighting for my reef tank and what types of coral i could consider putting on my stocking list.
    lighting i have
    The aquatic Life 6 lamp T5HO system with LED moon lights
    (3) 48" T5 HO 54W Actinic / Blue Lamps
    (3) 48" T5 HO 54W 10,000K Lamps
    (4) 1W Lunar LED's
    Tank dimentions are 48" long x 24 inches wide by 30 inches deep.
    I understand that some of the more light demanding spoecimines will need to be positioned higher in the tank but i wanted to see if i need to rethink the lighting to keep any corals at all or what you think i could keep in the system with this lighting.
    Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Prolly zoas, mushrooms, ricordias and low light clams you might have to keep close to the top. Something that deep you are gonna need MHs. At least 250W.

1 person likes this.
  4. BillNav

BillNav Plankton

Would changing those stock bulbs out with some better quality ATI bulbs make any difference?

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

T5HO lights are good to 30 inches with proper placement of corals. SPS in the upper third, LPS in the middle and low light corals in the bottom. High light clams in the top half, low light in the bottom half. I would add two more bulbs if you want to keep clams in the sand because they will need to be beneath the reflectors. I would also change out the stock bulbs for ones from KZ, ATI, Geiseman, Ice Cap or UVL in a couple of months. I have a similar type of T5 setup on my 75 and need to protect LPS and softies some from the light.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Most definitely, buy 3 or 4 Blue Plus, 1 Purple Plus and 1 or 2 Aquablue Specials.

1 person likes this.
  7. BillNav

BillNav Plankton

any advince on where a good place to pick up the bulbs online would be?

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Reef Geeks and Aqua Cave have the best pricing with shipping. The Purple Plus is a new bulb and may be hard to get. KZ Fiji Purple and UVL Actinic White would be good replacements. You will most likely need to contact the seller to get the Purple Plus.

10. BillNav

BillNav Plankton

Ok just ordered

2 ATI1105 54W Aquablue Special
    3 ATI1113 54W Blue Plus
    1 ATI1129 54W Purple Plus

from reef geeks.

how would you recomend i run the cycle with these bulbs?