14g biocube help aquascape

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Zoanthids21, Oct 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Im going to pick up my 14g either tomorrow or on Saturday, Its been up and running for a while from what i know, i am friends with both of the previous owners of it, So i will be setting it up over the weekend and what not.

But the main question is, i want my rock to look somewhat like where all the rock is piled in the middle....my question is...What is the best way to get that look and if any of you out there have biocubes, what is the best way to maybe get a nice looking rock work for a biocube?

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I am going to leave this to someone else.:-X

1 person likes this.
  4. Mistah J

Mistah J Flamingo Tongue

Trial and Error...

I've had 10 bad aquascapes for the 1 good one. just remember there is no right side to a rock and if you want a center island (pile in the middle) i like the look with branches coming our of the bottom removing the symmetry of the pile.

My current scape went through about 5 setups before i called it done, and took pictures.

I can also comment that a lot of people with biocubes that I have seen just do the rock pile against the back wall for "maximum" swim room.

5. Zoanthids21

Okay, yeah...i want to get rock ASAP once i get it, so i am thinking of picking the rock hand by hand lmao.

6. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I have one,it's actually quite easy to make a central mound due to the cubed footprint of the tank,i wanted a different looking scape,took rock out,put rock in,just recently re-did my rock again trying for more of a formation kinda look,removed more rock,now i just have a smaller looking central mound.I quite sure you can do it,it's harder not to ;D But definatly if you can avoid keeping the rock away from the glass far enough for your mag cleaner to pass,you will be much happier,now that may be tough in a 14

1 person likes this.
  7. Zoanthids21

Yeah..I dont mind a little dirtyness on the glass though...as long as the tank looks great!

8. Click Here!

9. Mistah J

Mistah J Flamingo Tongue

I am not sure if thats a real joke because my OCD self picked each rock the same way ;D I am sure that many people on here have probably also so no worries

10. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I have a 14gallon biocube and have had it running for almost 7 months now.
    I have the rocks set in such a way that none of the rock are in contact with the sides or front of the acrylic with just a small amount touching the back blackground which is almost totally covered in coralline algae.

11. Zoanthids21

Thats awsome! i would love to get a pic of it