120W LED fixtures from Ebay

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Addicted 2 Salt, Nov 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Addicted 2 Salt

Addicted 2 Salt Astrea Snail

Hey everybody, I was looking to purchase some new lighting for my tank(currently still piecing all together to place in new home) and came across some setups on ebay that seemed to be fairly priced. Has anyone purchased or heard anything on them, I think they are out of china. This particular one is black with 2 power cords, 2 on off switches(1 for 30 Blue & 1 for 25 White). It also has three fans on top and from my understanding they run anytime the unit is on. I have been searching Google and other sites for reviews but havent got any item specific info. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Addicted 2 Salt

Well I went ahead a purchased some of these units and have had no issues, they shine very bright and look good. They have two power cords, 2 on off switches, and three built in fans. I will have to say I am very pleased with my purchase.

Attached Files:

4. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

Did you get any kind of a warranty? Are the lights dimmable or modular? IMO those three factors are the most important when choosing new LED lights. Keep us posted on their performance on your tank. I think we are all at least curious about LED lighting, I know I am more than curious. Nice tank by the way!

5. Addicted 2 Salt

I am not really sure of the specs, I no they didn't come with a dimmer, sorry I'm still learning about the led and it's function myself. Be bought from eBay the seller did offer a 45 day return policy, and anything after u would have to deal with the manufacturer. I read alot into the sellers feedback rating to see how previous buyers ranked. When I purchased only one person claimed a flicker problem after about a week. The seller promptly shipped a replacement. I have only been running mine for about 1 week now. I hope this is helpful.

6. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

those lights are fine... the life of them i have no clue,, but i do know a few people that have bought them and they grow the heck out of sps... if the ones you bought are on ebay for like 168$ free shipping, then you have the same ones as them... again all i know is they grow sps corals in a 24" deep tank with sps anywhere in it... however i couldnt tell you how long they will last with that performance or what kind of customer service and warranty you got..

7. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Be careful. Sorry to respond so late but I saw one of those taken apart and the led's were glued to a flat piece of aluminum. They won't precipitate heat even with the fans. But I have seen the ones come with a heat sink also. So if you have any flashing or none turning on you know why.

8. Click Here!

9. Addicted 2 Salt

At one of the lfs they have two of these units running a coral tank and has been for almost two years now. The lights still look great and all the coral in the setup really seem to enjoy it. I will keep everyone posted on the status of mine.

10. Addicted 2 Salt

Update. Well the led units are all still functioning perfectly after almost two months of daily use, the few pieces if coral I have are doing great, last week I purchased two sps frags. I will try to give an update every few weeks about growth, mushrooms and polyps are all doing great, they also makes the fish look great.

Attached Files:

11. ravensix

ravensix Fire Worm

I saw these on ebay as well and was wondering if I should buy them. After reading this I may give it a shot. Thanks for the info. Keep us updated please.

12. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

How high do you have them off the tank?