120 watt chinese LED light/ebay LED light

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by beaner4747, May 31, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. beaner4747

beaner4747 Astrea Snail

;DYay My 120 watt Led lights came in!!!;D
    Pictures soon to come!!
    After much consideration I had decided to go with these chinese made lights and Im glad I did they are well made and quality. They are going over my 65 gallon reef and I want to help other reefers with my experience:)

P.S. sorry if this is an awkwardly worded thread, it's my first so ENJOY:cheesy:

2. Click Here!

3. ihigh

ihigh Astrea Snail

I jsut sold my 48inch PC fixture and looking to purchase the 120w dimmable, tell me how it goes! how many fixtures did you buy and the length of your tank?

4. beaner4747

beaner4747 Astrea Snail

My tank is 36 inches long and 24 deep, I bought 2 units from moisture control on eBay for 370 ish and I love 'em. I'm right now working on my canopies paint job and doors but I have them and the canopy up on the tank and I'm acclimating the corals. I'll have pics up but they will be low light :)

5. beaner4747

beaner4747 Astrea Snail

For now I just have these ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338523784.295927.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338523814.861418.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338523837.077409.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338523854.890076.jpg

6. newe70

newe70 Astrea Snail

Did you fire up your new led light yet? How did you like to color? How heavy is this led fixture?

I found this hanging kit fixture on ebay, but was not sure if it is sturdy and strong enough to support both led fixtures like yours.

See pic.
    [​IMG]

7. greglee

greglee Plankton

8. Click Here!

9. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

nice! do u have a link? mine is being held up by pvc pipe lol.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  10. aere

aere Astrea Snail

I need to hang mine as well.....curious as to a link as well

11. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

Be very careful, I bought 2, 1 arrived and didn't work, spent a couple of months being lied to, the catch "buyer pays return postage, return postage from Canada, 65$............" the seller has since stopped selling under his last name, and I am left with 2x120 watts dimable led lights, that are very poor, 1 works only white lights, the blue dimmer is shot, so I need to replace this. I cannot tell you how excited I was, I have 1 of these lighting my refugium, which is about its limit, I believe they are 1 watt LEDs and very poor quality.
    Buyer beware, do grab a bargain, but be careful of what you win.
    If there is a problem, go straight to the dispute centre, do not cance your dispute until the agreed resolution arrives as agreed (I dropped the resolution centre. As he promised to get the spares posted that day, and I was hurting his family,blah blah) needless to say, he told me I would never see the spares and to stop pestering him. I started leaving notifications on all him auctions, begging buyers to go elsewhere, he threatened to have me "dealt with" and changed his name. A liar, a cheat and a thief, please be careful guys.

lpintezqh,is the sellers profile, or was, I don't know what is is called now.

12. aere

aere Astrea Snail

i got mine from reefbreeders.com based in the US. 120w they are a sponsor on this site too