120 Gallon on Sale

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Bogie, Jan 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

Cant wait to see it set up.

2. Click Here!

3. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

That is what I paid for my used 5' 98 gal.

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Roger says that All Glass owns Oceanic but Oceanic is a higher quality than All Glass. He doesn't like Perfecto at all.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Thanks Annick, Roger is gonna make a phone call tomorrow for me to price out the Oceanic or AGA 150 gallon and 120/125 gallon 5 ft tanks - but I'm guessing you already know that somehow :gossip: ;D.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: How didja guess? :D The Oceanic in our house has been in use for almost 20 years so it seems like a logical choice. But then again, nobody makes anything like they used to. :-/

You and the missus are going to have to come for a visit once Roger perfects his fried chicken recipe with the pressure cooker that I gave him for Christmas. Notice that I always seem to have an ulterior motive when it comes to getting gifts for him. Keep in mind that previous gifts have included a smoker, a meat injector (snicker) and a digital meat thermometer ;)

7. Optimist

Optimist Peppermint Shrimp

Don't get jumpy.. the 6" makes a big difference.
    It is a good price but Id perfer Reef Ready.
    Then, like previously stated, be patient... "wait for the prize!"
    Too many people want it now now now.
    I was the same, I coouldnt wait for a 6' tank... had to have it... I wanted 24" deep 150g and it came in 18" deep and not pre-drilled >>> guess what? I blew the bottom out of it 4 years later trying to drill the holes for the over-flow... Now its scrap!

8. Click Here!

9. Optimist

apologies... I meant to add that I got it cheap because it wasn't what I ordered. I got jumpy at the low cost and ran with it.
    As I put everything together, it just wasn't that 24" deep. Everything was crammed against the glass.. no matter how I moved stuff (which was ALOT because it just wasn't right) I was NEVER happy.

10. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

That's what I hear happens when ya try to drill tempered glass :-/.
    That price of $500 is a Reef Ready Perfecto 60"x18"x26" setup, so no extra drilling is required (unless I wanted to add a closed loop to ditch the powerheads). We'll see what Roger can find tomorrow for us.

Annick, you know, now that the 2 are 3, you and Rog could come up here as soon as you think Atticus is ready. The invite is open for anytime, and we'll be over again soon I'm sure.

11. Optimist

Glass places will tell you that.
    I drill for the LFSs. I've drilled all different sizes but like you said, its hit or miss. The only one I've shot out was my own tank. I have probably drilled over, being easy, a hundred.. maybe more but , again as you've said, I don't offer a warrantee. Haven't had a problem until my 150g. I have a clown breeding set-up with 6 accross front, 6 accross the back and 4 high that I breed clowns in >> Thats how I was asked to drill tanks for people.

You can drill tempered with the right tools and patience.

My apologies though, I over looked that it was reef ready.

12. Optimist

again my apologies for the misunderstanding and my typo (accross = across)