12 Gallon Nano

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Arkamaic, Sep 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Arkamaic

Arkamaic Plankton

Ok, so I actually bought this tank about 3 months ago. Found it on craigslist fully stocked and about 8 months old. Picked it up right after starting a 90 gallon reef (I have a thread and will update it some tomorrow with pics). Anyways, haven't had any problems except the original clown jumping out. Just replaced him on Wednesday.

BEFORE:

[​IMG]
    ---------------------------
    [​IMG]---------------------------

The Kenya Tree ended up growing too large for this tank, so it now resides in the 90 gallon, fully opened being about 6" tall. Also, produced 4 new smaller ones now growing happily.

AFTER:
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my favorite shot of my new True Perc...
    [​IMG]

The zoos have nearly doubled in size along with the Candy Canes. THe mushrooms in the center and front have produced so many new polyps and grown way big. The perc has been in there since last Wednesday, and already hosted on the mushrooms as you can see. (last one never hosted, so this is way exciting for me :cheesy:)

Full List of animals:
    1 True Percula Clownfish
    1 Cleaner Shrimp
    1 Blue Legged Hermit Crab
    1 Dwarf Red Tip Hermit Crab
    2 Turbo Snails
    Zoanthigs
    Candy Canes
    Mushrooms
    Kenya Trees
    Frogspawn

All living Happily.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Jm'sRSM

Jm'sRSM Fire Shrimp

looks good. what tank is that? the bio bube14?

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

5. Arkamaic

Arkamaic Plankton

@ Jm'sRSM
    Just looked at it, its made by Cube Masters

And thx guys, surprisingly been easier to care for than the 90, which is opposite of what I read before getting into saltwater haha

6. Arkamaic

Arkamaic Plankton

Well, been over a year now, wow. Sadly, after moving out, roomates cat decided to wreak havoc on the tank because the roomies left my door open while I was hunting. Soooo finally decided to restart this beauty.

Just added a Hammer Coral on Sunday along with 5 red leg Hermits. All is doing good now. Need to adjust my output nozzle to keep surface water a little more aggitated. A slight film builds that I need to remoce via net nightly. Will post some pics later tonight.

Truly sad what happened. But, now I can start on my own and see if I have what it takes!