115-gallon acrylic tank

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by game24_7, Apr 6, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. game24_7

game24_7 Plankton

I just got a 115-gallon acrylic tank. My plans are to start a mini reef tank. I have a couple questions. First when I filled the tank with water there is a slight bow in the center front and back of the tank, is this normal? My second question is I am looking into a euro reef skimmer but I’m not sure if I should get a RS 135 or RS 180, or is there another skimmer out there that is just as good as an euro reef skimmer that someone can recommend. Thanks Game24_7

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

is the tank new? does it have a center support to keep it from bowing?

4. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

The biggest skimmer you can afford, the better off you are. If a skimmer says that it is good up to so many gallones and it coinsides with your tank size, then get the next size up from that IMO. Also, check out the AquaC line of skimmers as well as the Euro-reefs!
    Let us know what you decide!

5. dark126

dark126 Astrea Snail

which kind of stand you use the stand didnt handel thise huge load so please take care when you enter the live rock .....

6. game24_7

game24_7 Plankton

The bow does look like it may be normal. I even tried to take a picture of it but you can’t tell by looking at the picture that there is a slight bow. So maybe I’m being paranoid. The brand of the tank is TRUVU, and there is a support in the center top of the tank. Maybe I just need to put a couple 2x4 bracings under the tank.