100H Question

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by dandk2261999, May 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dandk2261999

dandk2261999 Bristle Worm

I have had the 100h for about 5 days now on a brand new tank. This is my first attempt at a saltwater tank. I did everything the directions said to do and it worked great. It skimmed out a lot of the brown milky residue from the crushed coral that I put in.

After emptying the collection cup and restarting the tank is crystal clear but it isn't skimming anything and there is no foam being produced. There is just wet bubbles that are in the neck. Again this is a new tank only 5 days old, I was wondering if this is normal sense technically there is nothing in the water to skim out.

2. Click Here!

3. Moby Duck

Moby Duck Purple Spiny Lobster

So there is micro bubbles in the neck? Depending on if you go for a wet or dry skim sounds like u need to adjust the valve

4. dandk2261999

dandk2261999 Bristle Worm

if I adjust the valve and bring the water level further up the neck nothing changes besides the water level increases. I just don't get the original foam that I was getting. I will try and take a pic and post it.

5. ModAquatics

ModAquatics Plankton

Give it time. The skimmer is breaking in. After several days you will see production.