$100 present ?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by loneracer05, Dec 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

My wife told me in the very beginning NOT to ever get her any kitchen item for a gift ( I do all the cooking anyhow) so every year I get her a kitchen tool that I need and put some kind of jewel inside. I also was able to get her a netbook this year.

2. Click Here!

3. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

well i wudnt get her a kitchen appliance lol ...she does want a light but she doesnt wanna spend the money on it she wud rather spend it on a couple of cool fish lol. ive been getting her jewelery alot lol i dont want to become to predictable. not that she wouldnt lik it but i dont want her to expect jewelery.

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

My dad once got my mom a blender... Because he wanted it really bad... Hahaha I still hear about the blender to this day and she will never let him live down his, well, blender mistake... hahaha. So I would say a big negatory to a blender.

I got my girlfriend (now ex) of like a year a biocube for her birthday. She loved it. My wallet did not. But she was happy and so was I. Just do anything to make her happy, if you have been with her a long time you should know what to get.

5. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Personally If shes into fish... a lot... I would personally get the light for her. Jewerly is so over done IMO from working at a retails stance. Its funny how alot of guys get them for their girlfriends and wives, and they end up returning it. The sad thing is. Most of them probably never know because of how much the women actually have to switch around.

Have you thought of just asking her of what she would like for christmas? Like a range of Ideas. So she wouldnt know which one you were getting her?

I hate seeing so many gifts be returned every holiday season. Its because frankly people hate what people give them now a days. Our family does long wish lists from cheap to expensive things, and people go from there on what to buy and still make room for little stocking stuffer like things that are totally random.

1 person likes this.
  6. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

K+ ON THAT....IMO thats a very nice idea.;);D

7. loneracer05

funny you mention it red gambit that was my last present to her i got her a 29gal biocube and ear rings lol

as for asking her ...she wont tell me bc i wont tell her what i want this year lol i was kinda banking on the light this year for her and i guess i got cocky lol i wont tell her so she wont tell me lol....

8. Click Here!

9. loneracer05

i did get her afew little things and dinner is at a 5 star restaurant in NYC no limmo tho :( that was alittle out of a 22 year old college students budget lol

10. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Well, like I said, bank on the light if shes really into fish... The lights only super important if shes going into corals from what I gather. Assuming you have a somewhat decent light on the tank already.

You could always go about a creative way to take her to the LFS and get something for her :p.

11. loneracer05

well we do plan on going to the lfs after xmas and getting afew fish together... it is a fowlr tank with afew leathers ...she wanted a coral tank but her tank became a damsel tank lol so she added more aggressive non reef safe fish trigger for 1. but i know she does want a light she was borrowing her friends pc light and she loved it but it broke so now shes got the little light. she is deff into fish not to the extent that i am she likes to have a pretty tank but she doesnt enjoy taking care of the fish and all that goes with them like i do. i usually am the one carring for her tanks lol... she would most likely only put 2 of the 4 bulbs oon at a time for the time being. her moms not to happy with her small zoo's electric bill

12. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

The tank causes that much electricity? My 120g with all the mechanical stuff in it hasnt even raised the bill!