$100 present ?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by loneracer05, Dec 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

me and my friend/girlfriend ( very dysfunctional relationship lol but it works ) have set a $100 limit on xmas presents this year, as money is tight for both of us. i was thinking of getting her a n oddysea 48 t5 light seeing as the dinky little light she has now is.... well...... dinky at best lol it is a fish only tank and she doesnt like to spend alot of money on it. i can always buy her better bulbs ballasts for birthdays and other times but for now $100 is the limit. this also needs to be something i can wrap so new fish friends wont work here.

but any other ideas are much appreciated.

she does have a remora skimmer and its a 55 gal tank for those that wer wondering

2. Click Here!

3. bama

bama Humpback Whale

cudos on saving money when tight..

My best advise I can give is to give something more personal than a light. I could see her getting offended slightly. Give her something that shows her you care(even if its dysfunctional). Simple jewelry always works, or something that she wants.. trust me, girls will give you hints on what they want all the time, all you have to do is listen a little.. I say no go on the lights.. Thats just my opinion.. Hopefully one of the forums ladies will chime in and help..

4. loneracer05

well she getting a dinner at a fancy shmancy restaurant that she doesnt know about but she really needs a light its kinda embarrasing shes using an 18in t8 light...i feel lik jewelery is getting old weve been together for quiet some time now functional gifts have become the way to go at this point lol just need the best "functional gift"

5. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

Paging KC, Triplemom, and well those are the two that jump out at me. Athough it might past TM's bedtime lol

6. loneracer05

lol yeah its late here to but i work 3 nights a week here and im bored and figured id see what the reefers have to say.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i'd say get here some jewlery, and give it to her at the dinner

8. Click Here!

9. jzenob

jzenob Coral Banded Shrimp

just send extra money who cares why do you have to make a limit...shell love it lol

10. 10001110101

10001110101 Fire Worm

i mean let's be honest... how much is she into fish?

i doubt as much as you are... this seems like a situation where you're getting her something but in reality you're getting yourself something (you are the one embarrassed by her dinky light, she probably doesn't give all that much of a crap, sure she'd like it if the tank were nice and pretty and sparkly, but it's not a top priority i can guarantee you)

get her a pair of earrings, bracelet, necklace...

or a nice romantic dinner out... idk anything about your girlfriend but most females aren't going to be too excited about a light for their fish tank... generally appliances, electronics of any kind, etc are no-no's for female S.O. gifts...

then again i don't know your GF so... unless she's obsessed with fish... which i doubt she is or she'd already have a better light... get her some jewelry....

also hand-write your card... make sure to include something meaningful that comes straight from you... just something personal about your relationship the little ways that she makes your life better when she's around.

11. WuWu

WuWu Feather Star

I would sugest some Dawn dish soap and a pot for her to wash !!

12. bama

bama Humpback Whale

haha.. seriously..