100 Gallon

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Birchell, Jan 18, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Well you knew I had to make a video of my new 100, lol. It looks really bare, but it only been running a month. I added the dottyback to the tank a few days ago. It was chasing my new purc, so I made the nano a clown only tank. Plus it was eating all my worms, some snails, and picking at polyps!! I didnt know those little guys are the devil, :hehe: . The snails in the tank are from the guy on ebay selling like 100 for 10 bucks. I cant remember the name, but they are the cold water snails. They were used as a tester, lol, I have like 50 left. I cant wait to get rid of the HOB filter, and get the sump going. It is only there to keep the sand down, lol. I have a really great idea on a sump, and Ill see what you think on the right forum. Let me know what you think,

Michael

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Looks like the clowns have paired up pretty good. My wife is getting on me to get more fish in the tank and I want coral. I just got a coral order in tuesday night so I will let that settle then get her some damn pretty fish to look at. ;D I also liked the background music, I myself like angry white man music. My wife said it makes you want to kill small farm animals when you listen to it.....:yelrotflm

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Here is a video of the corals I just got this week.

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Nice BRICHELL! Now you need to get some color by having corraline algae and assorted corals!

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Good start to your tank OTTY with the Ricordia and shrooms and the buttons! Haven't spent enough on your tank yet though!!!!hahahah
    You will be broke in no time!

7. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Looks good Otty!! That is not a bad coral pack. Im looking to get the soft coral pack. The zoo's will opend up in the next few days. LOL, your xenia are doing like mine, growing like a weed! I started with two, now I have 5 and some little straglers growing from the flesh they left behind. One split in two, and the other split 3 ways. You have the silver tip kind though, and I have the red sea kind. Im on the look for your kind. CR, im gonna get a nice big purple rock to seed the tank. It will be slow for now though, with me not having a good light. Oh by the way Otty, that was Seether in the background, it was playing on the computer, lol. You should get another clown, a tang, or like a dwarf angel. They all have alot of color, and will do great in a 55. Im looking to get either tangs, or angels next, so one of us will have a story, :hehe: .

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Your not kidding there, Mommy is already complaining that the water bill has went up $5.00.....Boy she doesn't have a clue! Thank God she can't see my savings account....:tongue4:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I was afraid to put a Tang in a 55 since they need a lot of room to swim. Would a yellow tang be OK for a 55 or will he get stressed from not having any swimming room? I need to shut my wife up and get some fish. She said that she wanted a saltwater tank for some fish not rock......;D WOMEN!

11. 1sleeper

1sleeper Astrea Snail

Looks awesome Otty, I'm jealous.
    Shopping corals as of late, where did you get that pack? Nice and large.
    I like the placement too. Are you dosing kalk yet?
    Jim

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I got the coral package here: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=714 They seem to be doing pretty good and they come with a 14 day guarantee. As for the kalk, I am not adding anything right now as I am trying to get my water stable to see exactly what I need. I spend about $170 on all the test kits I need for water parameters and I want to get a good base to see where I am before I add anything else. I was using PurpleUp but have stopped because I have coralline on my back glass now. I also have the Part A & B Calcium from Kent but I am waiting to see where the water levels out at after this last addition. I just set about 9 Mangroves last night in my sump so I hope they help, I got a pretty fast flow across them so they should do fine. I am waiting for the 5 1/2 gal to come back from the glass shop so I can set up my Calurpa fuge, they are drilling a hold for a bulkhead. Here is the plans I came up with. http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/diy-sump-refugium-advice-measurement-help-38460-5.html I will keep you updated. Thanks for the compliment.