10 seconds of really nice light then lights out

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Salmo salar, Nov 8, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Salmo salar

Salmo salar Flamingo Tongue

I have a low end 4 bulb t5 and ordered shiney new bulbs from MD nice ones. My tank looked beautiful. to me at least guys its still a baby. So yeah lights out. Did the ATI bulbs fry my ballasts? My voltmeter shows current before the ballast and nothing after either of them. Any electricions in the house? could you recommend a replacement ballast? I need 2 each to power 2 24w bulbs. I was just hoping to get this light running until I can get a better one. Thanks for any help here.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Look up the brand of fixture you have and see if they sell replacement ballasts. Bulbs wouldn't fry the ballast.

4. Salmo salar

Salmo salar Flamingo Tongue

Thanks dennis,
    I ordered 2 B239PUNV-D by universal lighting, and these are suppose to do the trick. The fixture itself had no identifying marks on it nor did the old ballasts. I pretty much gutted the old fixture, saved the switches and the blue leds and bought 4 24w ati bulbs. The new ballasts are much larger so I will be shopping for plywood and screws today.

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

My money says you put t5ho bulbs in a standard t5 fixture. I hope the new ballasts work out for you.