1 or 2 MP40W in a 75 Gallon?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Trueno22, Jan 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Trueno22

Trueno22 Flamingo Tongue

Income tax is coming up and I wanted to get the MP40W's. I wanted to know if buy 2 would be overkill on a 48 long 75 gallon tank?

My goal is to eliminate all my koralias and maji jets and just use the MP40W for all my water flow aside from my return pump.

2. Click Here!

3. Crabby Jim

Crabby Jim Sea Dragon

I only have one MP40w in my 120 gal 48 inch long by 24 inch deep tank and it moves a lot of water I don't even think I am going to get a 2nd I have a 1 inch swell from one side to the other when I am in the short pulse wave setting and I have an undertow across the bottom of the tank. so unless you are getting a great deal get one now you can add more later.

4. Crabby Jim

Crabby Jim Sea Dragon

The MP40 moves 3000 gph :cheesy: at full blast that is a lot of water.

5. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

I would start with one. I just added two of them in my 120 today and have them set at about half throttle.. They move a TON of water. They have the 20's as well if you wanted to do 2 but IMO I would start with a 40 and then get another if that's what you want to do. 40 gives you more features so I'd hate to see you get the 20's and regret it later.. (that's the thought process I just went through anyway!!!)

Good Luck!

6. Trueno22

Trueno22 Flamingo Tongue