1 last coral

Discussion in 'Coral' started by muggle, Nov 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. muggle

muggle Purple Spiny Lobster

Looking for one last coral, running 3 ai led sol whites on the tank now for 3 mo...all growth in tank has continued and no loss to existing corals. Looking for one more coral as space might have finally run out to place basically on the sandbed in the far left of my tank, flow is is not low so I guess moderate in one direction. Lighting is lower probably with being on the far side of the tank. Was thinking of a nice zoa cluster but wanted something to look nice and attractive colors. Any suggestions, even willing to purchase off an online retailer that vie never dine before...also would love to get a anemone in my tank but think that's a disaster waiting to happen. My lfs was trying to sell me on a carpet anemone but have not heard many great things about those guys. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

thats what we all say ;p

4. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

5. muggle

muggle Purple Spiny Lobster

If you search posts by me I should have pics on one of them

6. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Man, you want us to give advice and do work? :p

Carpet anemones get a few feet in diameter, I just don't see them fitting for long. He probably wants you to buy it so he can sell you something else when it outgrows your tank. Also, they sometimes snack on small fish, so, more things to sell you.

From your video, on the sandbed, I might put something to really add some color. If it's your "last coral" ;) it should pop. Maybe an orange Cycloseris or a colorful Fungia plate. They should be able to handle the moderate flow. Also, though I see a lot of rock still, good place for some encrusting montis or something :)

7. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Cannot see the video

but a bleeding apple Scolly for the sand bed would be a nice last addition
    also a Carpet Lobophyllia - looks a bit like a carpet Nem without the problems of a carpet nem