☼ 5 Day Lighting Sale ☼

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by MarineDepot, Jun 24, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Do you carry the 150 watt radium bulb? I didn't see it on the website

4. MarineDepot

Metal halide bulbs are becoming tougher and tougher to come by. We are hoping to get more, but it may be a month or so before we are able to get them.

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

That's not good. I love my radium bulbs. Any good alternatives that you recommend?

6. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I know Phoenix stopped production until they had a huge backlash. I wonder if halide companies stopped production prematurely due to the recent LED craze. A lot of people have been slowly switching away from LEDs lately.

DSC reef likes this.
  7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I might have to switch to Phoenix because I can't find radiums anywhere. I don't like switching since my tank has done well with my radiums. What's your thoughts on phoenix kevin?

8. Click Here!

9. MarineDepot

A Phoenix bulb would be a very good alternative: it is probably our most popular metal halide bulb. The color is actually more blue than the 14K indicated. I would say it's closer to a 17-18K, so it does give you that nice blue look to help bring out the colors of your corals.

DSC reef likes this.
  10. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I agree with Marine Depot. I loved my Phoenix bulb and it is definitely closer to 20000k than 14000K; You will like it. FYI, they stopped production for awhile (no restarting), so it may be tough to find too. Try Hamilton if you need a bulb. They are a good quality bulb that I am currently using.

MarineDepot likes this.
  11. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Giving a shout out to the customer service rep Jack at marine depot. I just placed my order for 2 phoenix halide bulbs and it was simple and easy. Thanks to marine depot for the sale and thanks jack for assisting me.

MarineDepot likes this.
  12. MarineDepot

Going to forward your praise over to Jack right now! Thank you for your kind words—they keep us pumped and motivated! We appreciate your business and looking forward to seeing an updated full tank shot!

DSC reef likes this.