Kent Marine Tech CB 2 Part Calcium Buffer

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by ReefSparky, Jan 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

[​IMG]

I've gone with Kent's Tech CB. It says on the label "Now Stronger 56,000 ppm on part A, and Now Stronger 7840 dKH on part B. The instructions state to use no more than 1/2 ml per gallon per 12 hours. As instructed I dose just that, when I leave for work at 6 am, and before dinner at 6pm. I've been doing this for 4 days no and there's no appreciable difference in CA levels. My calcium levels are 360.

Alk is at 5.5 mEq, or 15.4 dKh.

I've read Randy Holmes-Farley's article about his 2 part homemade solution, and his instructions state that additions can be a bit faster (but not by much). He also gives instructions for raising one value, given the other value is satisfactory. I'm guessing that the Kent Tech CB product is similar enough in composition and purpose.

I'm really not impatient, and I'll have my levels correct BEFORE any coral additions--but is there anything I can do to raise my CA levels any faster in a tank containing only 2 banggai cardinals and a half-dozen snails and blue leg hermits?

I feel like at this rate I'll be adding this two part solution for weeks before my CA is where it should be.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

4. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

Ca reactor with kalwasser would produce stronger effects, then use the liquid as a secondary supplement