which biopellets is the best?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by bobssecrtsn, Apr 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

hey guys im battling alot of nitrate problems and I've been reading up on biopellets, they seem super easy to use, and the best part is there are no overdosing on these things! they're might be alittle cyano for a short period of time but i really am interested in this, has anyone with better experience tried this more then 3 months with good success? which brand is good ? i heard of swc xtreme np reduction, BRS bio pellets, NP biopellets( i saw bad reviews) i want to know which one is the bang for your buck!

and im also going to use it in a PHOSBAN reactor, typically 2 little fishes 150 reactor..i know i will have to modify the reactor i cant use a sponge anymore, will have to switch out.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

They should all work similarly. I think the one that has the most users is Warner Marine's (sponsor on 3reef). I also think it has the cheapest price which is why so many use it.

4. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I vote finding out why you are having such nitrate issues and actually solving the problem instead of searching for band-aid solutions, but that's just me ;)

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i just switched my bio pellets to the TLF reactor with tweaked screen for bio pellets from the craft store . it works well, using ecobak pellets

7. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

After many hours of reading I have to say ecoback has the best reviews ill have to modify the tlf reactor. Does anyone have a diy to replace the pads with something else? Ill be getting it next week!

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer