Two Different Types of Clowns In The Same Anemone?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by fishflyer, Mar 6, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fishflyer

fishflyer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have had a percula clown for about a year and a half. He has never been interested in the anemone. I also have kept a pink skunk clown for a few months who loves the anemone. Now the percula is stalking the anemone and cant help but try to go in the anemone only to be chased away by the current resident. Its funny to watch now my percula just cant stand to not be able to go in and wiggle freely although he does get in for a few seconds at a time when the skunk is not looking. The skunk clown also seams to becoming a little more tolerant.

Has anybody every seen two different types of clown fish host the same anemone?:-/

2. Click Here!

3. Area 51 Exotics

Area 51 Exotics 3reef Sponsor

Not really most clowns are territorial over their host. I had a maroon that would overturn large corals that she thought were too close...

4. fishflyer

fishflyer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

So its been a couple of weeks and my percula is is now able to stay in the anemone for a few minutes at a time and the skunk seems to be more and more tolerant will try to get some pics if I can.

5. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Wow, never ever seen that or even heard about two species of clowns hosting together. I've seen a pair of ocellaris or true percs, but never two different clowns. That's neat!

You know, ocellaris' and true percs are the harder clowns to get to host an anemone. I've seen all clowns host fast, but those two little guys will not host easy. I've read up on a trick to have an ocellaris or true perc host an anemone you introduce by placing a veggie clip that has a perc printed on it close to the anemone, that will bring up interest in the clown. Supposebly it works! I'm gonna try it the minute I find the perfect anemone.

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Hmm...that would be really cool...maybe after even more time they will be buds!