Ocellaris Black & White x Orange and White?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Kuro, Apr 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kuro

Kuro Astrea Snail

Black and White Ocellaris Clowns are reportedly okay when it comes to living with a clown of different species so long as they are added at the same time.
    What kind of disaster would happen if one was to add a Black and White and a Orange and white?
    Possibilities:
    "Whatever, just dun touch my stuff."
    "You lookin pretty good in orange."8)
    Or Fishie Racism :-X

2. Click Here!

3. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

From what I've seen in other peoples tanks, they should be fine if neither of them are paired up.

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i dont think it matters since there just color variations.

5. Kuro

Kuro Astrea Snail

Probably not a viable breeding venture... though how cute would that be? lol

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

They are completely viable for breeding. You would get some oranges, some black. Also, they may not even be different species. Black clowns are simply ocellaris (false percula) clownfish, just a different color morph.

7. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

I've got a paired up orange/white set, and a single black and white Clarkii. The B+W rules the tank, he nips at everyone from time to time, but nothing bad. He hasn't gone after or near the orange ones at all.

8. Click Here!

9. rustyW318

rustyW318 Plankton

Black and orange ocellaris should mix fine. I know a guy who has a black ocellaris and an orange true percula paired up and hosting a purple long tentacle anemone. I've got an orange ocellaris and black ocellaris pair, as well as a pink skunk pair in my 180g.