Medical Crew

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Speedy, Mar 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

It's interesting that we consider our snails, hermits, shrimps, and other inverts as our Clean-up Crew, or as GARF calls them Janitor crew.  

Well how about a thread on a Medical Crew?

Many fish get ich or other parasites and die in our tank, while we helplessly watch them suffer on the other side of that glass.  

If we prepare a Medical crew that feasts on these parasites it would help control the disease and parasite factor.

The most common doctor, that probably already lives in your tanks now is Dr. Skunk. Yes, our very prized Cleaner Shrimps.  

The other very appreciated Doc is Mr. Goby.  Taking after Patch Adams he paints his face in Neon stripes.  

The cool thing about these two  is that they are really low maintenance.  

My understanding is that Cleaner Wrasses also play a good part.  But it's like hiring a whole hospital to have this guy, where maintaining him is alot more difficult than the other two.

Please add to this thread with any other good doctor fish. Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

^^ Bump.

Anyone have anything to add to this?

David how is a Goby part of a 'medical' crew. I don't get the connection.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Neon cleaner goby Matt.

Yah, many baby fish are parasite pickers, angels and hogfish to name a few. I just watched a lemon peel angel cleaning an adult Imperator angel.

5. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Cool thanks Gresham.