ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #141
Banned

Skin: Dark
TheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Go with base rock. 2.50 a pound and free shipping on orders over $50. )
Well eayh but I just said my dad wont let me get any more rock and my tank looks crappy XD so I'm kind of at a stalemate. i have my own money to pay for the rock but I still don't think he'll let me
TheSaltwaterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #142
Skunk Shrimp

Skin: Mint
TruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaltwaterGuy View Post
i mean if your tank sucks or u get some disease then thats a lot of money down the drain... literally XD
its a chance you'll take with any fish, anytime, which sucks because this hobby is expensive! Go slow, if you were going to do something of that price, wait and let it be last, and make sure there is a good return policy with the LFS.

Quote:
the only problem i have with this stuff is money; i dont think my dad trusts me anymore because i killed so many fish and. and as for my LR its ugly but i dont think he'd allow me to sell it because already he thinks i dont know what im doing so I dont know what to do myself...
what has been going on with the dead fish? You live and learn, just dont make the same mistakes again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Go with base rock. 2.50 a pound and free shipping on orders over $50. )
reefcleaners.org
TruespeedEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #143
Banned

TheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheSaltwaterGuy has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruespeedEM1 View Post
its a chance you'll take with any fish, anytime, which sucks because this hobby is expensive! Go slow, if you were going to do something of that price, wait and let it be last, and make sure there is a good return policy with the LFS.

what has been going on with the dead fish? You live and learn, just dont make the same mistakes again

reefcleaners.org
well i know about the dead fish but that was more of an ick outbreak and i quarantine all my fish now but I've still lost a lot of fish and inverts as well for the time my tank actually had inhabitants (tank only has a small maroon clown but i dont count him as an inhabitant lol) and yes i know reefcleaners is the best out there but still money is such an annoying issue!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #144
Ritteri Anemone

Skin: Mint
Bloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond reputeBloodkip has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
well i know about the dead fish but that was more of an ick outbreak and i quarantine all my fish now but I've still lost a lot of fish and inverts as well for the time my tank actually had inhabitants (tank only has a small maroon clown but i dont count him as an inhabitant lol) and yes i know reefcleaners is the best out there but still money is such an annoying issue!
Get a job and a credit card.
Bloodkip is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #145
Banned

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodkip View Post
Get a job and a credit card.
Well my dad won't let me get a job XD and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't trust me with a credit card either; it'd be wasted by the end of January next year if I got it today, I'm sure of that LOL
Old 12-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #146
Montipora Digitata

Skin: Classic
NU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond reputeNU-2reef has a reputation beyond repute

contributor 

gallery

sounds like you need to improve water quality and stability, so get on it kid. no more fish buying untill you can keep your water stable.

If your biocube is anything like mine then water evaporation is an issue especially cuz our tanks are only 29g likely less after rock sand and equipment to displace water. which only means the salinity swings will be greater in these tanks.
NU-2reef is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #147
Banned

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by NU-2reef View Post
sounds like you need to improve water quality and stability, so get on it kid. no more fish buying untill you can keep your water stable.

If your biocube is anything like mine then water evaporation is an issue especially cuz our tanks are only 29g likely less after rock sand and equipment to displace water. which only means the salinity swings will be greater in these tanks.
its not really a water quality issue; i do water changes weekly. I told you it was mainly because I hadn't quarantined before i put fish in my display. and water evaporation isnt really an issue; i replenish it daily by just adding some ro/di water to the third chamber
Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #148
Banned

gallery

k well I'd like to post a pic of my tank to show what it looks like but this damn thing wont let me paste! i can copy but i cant paste it but i pasted it on another page before; ***?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #149
Banned

gallery

ok well looks like Im gonna be going with softies and LPS

Click Here!