ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Fire Shrimp

Skin: Mint
zackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Default lfs in tampa that would possibly ship?

I am here in florida and am departing from tampa tomorrow. I would like to hit up a new fish store or two before my flight. Any suggestions?

and should i ship or can i fly with a fish?

thanks in advance
zackscott20 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Eyelash Blennie

tom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond reputetom.n.day has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

I am pretty sure you can't fly with the fish. At least not with carry on. You could always ship it to yourself from yoursefl.
tom.n.day is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
Giant Squid

ReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond reputeReefBruh has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

If you fly with the fish you have to pay for the fish's seat. Just kidding. I don't think you can fly with fish. You are better off having it shipped to you. Are you moving or relocating? Corals and fins I know ship and that's off the top of my head.
ReefBruh is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
Fire Shrimp

zackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond reputezackscott20 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

no I'm not moving, I'm just town here for spring break! Someone told me you could check the fish in for bagging. How would i ship it to my house in Indiana? what packing materials and what service?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Giant Squid

ingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

You sure CAN fly with fish. As long its in a clear container and is obviously alive. Coral is a not though. Let the security people know as soon as you check in, have your reciept on you and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I would hope on TSA's website and see if you can find the regulation and call the airport office as well.
ingtar_shinowa is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Fire Shrimp

gallery

i could not find any info on fish on the TSA website
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Giant Squid

ingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond reputeingtar_shinowa has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

you should be fine anyway. Just have a live fish and a receipt and expect the peon to be a little confused.

It was an article in that free reef magazine.... man I can't remember its name, but the guy has done this a few times.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Giant Squid

3reefer 

gallery

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Transportation Security Administration s (TSA) policy for carrying live fish onboard a commercial airline.
Travelers passing through security checkpoints may carry liquids, gels, and aerosols if these are in containers 3.4 ounces or smaller. All of these must be placed in one, quart-size, clear plastic, resealable bag and must fit comfortably in the bag (3-1-1 rule).
There is an exception to the 3-1-1 rule for live fish. If the fish is alive and swimming in the liquid, then the liquid is not an explosive. In addition, the container holding live fish may be larger than 3.4 ounces. The fish must be swimming in water that is contained in a clear, plastic or glass container that is spill proof. This will allow the Transportation Security Officer to visually inspect the fish at the screening checkpoint.
Also, TSA recommends travelers contact their airlines to inquire about any additional guidelines the airlines may have regarding traveling with live fish. For the most current information on TSA security screening procedures, visit our Web site at TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Read more: Fish on a plane

Click Here!